Our Number 1 Contractor
number of times viewed: 286
|Job Title:||Independent softw…||Industry:||IT, Web & Program…|
|Areas:||Glasgow and Surrounding Areas||Total score:||89,267|
|Available:||No||No. of views:||286|
|Location:||Glasgow and Surro…||Member since:||June 2009|
|Contract:||3 - 6 months||No. of reviews:||3|
our open, honest and frank Q&A
- Q:What makes a good freelance contractor?
- A:You should aim to obviously provide great work whilst contracted, but ideally your work should continue even when you’re no longer anywhere near the client. You don’t want the employees for the client thinking “we have no idea what he or she has done or how to use their program” when you leave
- Q:Has the economic downturn affected your work?
- A:Yes, I have had a contract end early. I’ve had to be proactive to find new work. At the moment the economy is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Companies believe that things are bad so they act as if the worst will happen, even if they are unaffected so far.
- Q:How can the government provide more support to UK contractors?
- A:IR35 should definitely be clarified at the very least.
- Q:What would you change about the UK freelance recruitment market?
- A:I don’t think I would change much. For the honest and decent agents and agencies at least. The great thing about this site is that it will help people see who really is well regarded.
- Q:What’s your plans for the rest of 2009
- A:Just keeping working until the economy as a whole picks up.
your favourite freelance providers
from your freelance world
I am using any "down time" productively by taking extra courses. Keep an eye on my qualifications!
showcasing freelance services
users who viewed this profile also viewed the following profiles