For some reason, a lot of people say "no", but they are missing a golden opportunity to find out more about the company and also actually appear interested in the role. In fact, not having questions to ask could lose you the role to another candidate. The right questions show that you are inquisitive about the role and wondering how you will fit in to their plans.
Here are some potential questions to ask:
- Would you like more detail for any of the answers I have given?
- What do you think that I can bring you to add value?
- Could you explain the organisational structure/make up of the team?
- What are your company's strengths and weaknesses compared to the competition?
- Do you have any concerns about my ability to do this role?
The final question helps you answer any worries the interviewer may have about hiring you while you are still in the room. Always make sure that you go to the interview with plenty of questions just in case some of them are answered during the course of the interview.