search our site


Use of private car- mileage

freelancesupermarket.com - showcasing freelance services

A mileage allowance is paid if you use your own vehicle for travelling to and from the temporary workplace.
  • Petrol VAT receipts are mandatory for mileage claims. You must also provide details of the destination and reason for the journey as well as dates of travel and car details on each expense claim form
  • Mileage allowance is paid at a higher rate (40p PM) for the first 10,000 miles travelled during the year and at a lower rate (25p PM) above 10,000 miles
  • Mileage allowance covers car servicing, tyres, spare parts, car tax etc

Your umbrella company should ask for a copy of your registration document when you claim mileage as proof of ownership although they should only ask for this document once


We'd love you to stay in touch - why not subscribe to our updates?

To subscribe to our weekly newsletter, simply include your name and email address below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

freelancesupermarket.com services

showcasing freelance services


set flsm to your home page

add flsm to your favorites