search our site


Do I need to send my umbrella company my P45?

freelancesupermarket.com - showcasing freelance services

In short- Yes, if you have a P45 from your previous employer you will need to send the new employers section (part 2) to your Umbrella Company.  Without your P45 you will be placed on an ‘emergency' tax code which will result in the incorrect levels of tax being deducted. If you do not have a P45 your Umbrella Company will send you a ‘P46', which you will need to complete and return to them. The HMRC will then instruct your Umbrella Company on the correct tax code to use for you.

We'd love you to stay in touch - why not subscribe to our updates?

To subscribe to our weekly newsletter, simply include your name and email address below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

freelancesupermarket.com services

showcasing freelance services


set flsm to your home page

add flsm to your favorites